This book will provide the answers to the questions that senior level executives have about what are M&As and the steps involved. It provides basic guidelines and lessons for going through an M&A for the first time. It explains what the key events, processes, and issues that a buyer or seller must consider during a merger or acquisition. By using this book, executives can avoid costs and sometimes fatal mistakes and maximize the financial and operational value of the deal to their companies.
(1) Terms and Phrases: Language of the Deal
(2) Explanation of Legal Structures and Terms
(3) Strategic Transactions: Before the Deal Starts
(4) Mergers and Acquisitions: Doing the Deal
(5) Equity Investments: Doing the Deal
(8) Appendix: Checklists and Forms, Reports and Presentations, Generic Valuation Exercise