Authoritative and completely up-to-date, the Fourth Edition of The Art of M&A is an unsurpassed, one-stop guide to every facet of mergers and acquisitions that enables you to make winning deals with complete confidence.
This definitive resource retains its popular Q&A format, offering quick access to all the changes that have occurred in the field since the merger wave of the 1990s. The book explores every key aspect of winning M&A transactions, and presents advice on avoiding common M&A pitfalls.
The Fourth Edition of The Art of M&A features vital information on:
- Getting Started in Mergers and Acquisitions --learning the basic M&A process, requirements, negotiating skills, and objectives
- Planning and Finding --deciding what to buy and then locating it
- Valuation and Pricing -- using multiple valuation methods to discover the true value of an acquired company or unit
- The Art of Financing and Refinancing -- mastering funding sources and issues
- Structuring M/A/B Transactions -- managing general, tax, and accounting considerations
- The Due Diligence Inquiry -- looking into the past, present, and future risks of the business to be purchased
- Negotiating the Acquisition Agreement and the Letter of Intent-- understanding two vital documents in the M&A process
- Closing -- synchronizing the many individual items to produce a harmonious transaction
- Postmerger Integration and Divestitures -- following through after the M&A deal to capture the economic value of synergies
- Special Issues for M&A in Public Companies_examining the unique legal and business considerations of public entities
- Workouts, Bankruptcies, and Liquidations -- handling specific financial problems that arise in M&A transactions with entities in the zone of insolvency
- Structuring Transactions with International Aspects -- developing the necessary skills and knowledge to do M&A deals across national borders
Filled with detailed examples and case studies, this updated classic also includes discussion of purchase accounting, Section 404, new legal cases with M&A implications, and more.