The Alliance of M&A Advisors is proud to feature this list of experts of all types:
Brett has a wealth of experience advising clients involved in major commercial/strategic contract negotiations, acquisitions, divestitures and investments, both domestically and abroad. He has represented private equity/venture capital firms, entrepreneurs, venture-backed companies and joint venture clients in a wide range of industries including software, Internet, medical device, telecoms and the media.
During the course of his career, Brett has served as Vice President of Business & Strategic Development of a $950M annual revenue NASDAQ-listed telecommunications company, where he handled negotiating, structuring and due diligence examinations for all acquisitions, divestitures and investments. While employed by this company, Brett also spent time as Acting General Counsel, where he managed strategic relationships, commercial contracts, and litigation, arbitration and compliance matters as well as the oversight of outside counsel. Brett has been personally involved in negotiating over $18B worth of transactions in his career as either a businessman or a lawyer. Most recently, Brett was employed by Ballynahinch Capital Partners, where he served as the Managing Member and was engaged in outsourced corporate/strategic development and legal advisory work. Some of his other career highlights have included serving as:
- Co-founder/CEO/Board of Directors Member of Convergence Mobile Solutions, a nationwide investor-backed wireless services and distribution company focused on selling voice and data solutions to businesses and government agencies
- CEO/Board of Directors Member of HOSTeu, a London-based venture-capital funded software services company, which he led until the successful sale of the business to a competitor. HOSTeu was one of Microsoft’s six Strategic Partners in the UK and Ireland for software services at the time of the sale
- Board Member of Iris Wireless, a $30M venture-funded SMS and MMS carrier’s network wireless company with a strong focus on Asia
- Advisory Board Member of Capital Alliance Partners, a New York and London-based boutique real estate investment bank and fund management company
- Advisory Board Member of LVV Capital, a London-based boutique technology merchant bank
Brett’s legal background includes serving as Of Counsel at an AMLaw 100 firm in Washington, D.C., where he represented many software, technology and telecommunications companies and investors.
While living overseas, Brett spent time as a corporate transactional associate at a Global 50 law firm in London, England, where he regularly advised blue-chip companies in cross-border M&A, private equity and venture capital transactions throughout Europe.