The Alliance of M&A Advisors is proud to feature this list of experts of all types:
Eric Vendt is an experienced advisor to emerging growth and middle-market companies, start-ups and entrepreneurs. His practice covers a broad range of corporate matters, including formation, governance, capital raising, venture capital, private equity and traditional corporate financing, mergers and acquisitions, and succession planning. As outside general counsel, he advises on a wide range of commercial contract issues related to subcontractor, licensing, and distribution & supply agreements.
Drawing on corporate, tax and estate-planning strategies, Mr. Vendt regularly represents business owners in planning and executing succession plans through tax-efficient family transfers, sales to key management or other insiders, and M&A transactions. As a tax advisor, he has significant experience with pass-through entities such as S corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies and joint venture structures; tax-efficient transfers of business interests and other property; investments in private companies; and equity compensation arrangements for key employees.
He is a frequent lecturer on topics related to business succession planning, mergers and acquisitions, corporate law, and partnership and corporate taxation.
Memberships & Activities
- Member: American Bar Association, Member, Business Law Section, Middle Market and Small Business Committee; Private Equity and Venture Capital Committee
- Vice Chair: Middle Market and Small Business Committee of the Business Law Section of ABA (2014 - 2017)
- Member: Board of Directors, Dominion Christian School (2006 - 2011)
- Membership Committee Member: Small Emerging Construction Advisory Forum (2018)
- Certified Public Accountant: Maryland, 1992 (Inactive)
- Elder: Fourth Presbyterian Church
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America, 2017 - present