The Alliance of M&A Advisors is proud to feature this list of experts of all types:
Jeff is a trusted financial professional with nearly 40 years of experience as a financial officer for a variety of manufacturing, distribution and service businesses. He has spent most of his career with privately held businesses including 10 years as a senior financial officer with private equity portfolio companies, 12 years as the lead financial officer for single-owner or family businesses and 18 years helping to turn around companies in financial distress. Organizations facing significant challenges trust Jeff to use his knowledge, strategic awareness, and tactical focus to develop and execute innovative and effective solutions.
Jeff serves his clients by helping them to:
- Understand the past. Using his years of experience enhanced by B2B CFO®'s proprietary analytical tools, Jeff digs into clients' financial and non-financial data to reveal the story behind the numbers and to identify issues and opportunities.
- Master the present. Jeff assists clients in developing and executing plans that help their businesses to deal effectively with the problems they face and to take advantage of opportunities available to them. Jeff can help clients to maximize financial and operational performance by improving operating methods, raising necessary financing, managing working capital, reducing costs, improving pricing and a wide range of other financial services.
- Prepare for the future. Jeff helps clients plan for the coming years. This preparation includes plans to grow their businesses and plans for the owners' eventual exit from the business through sale or succession. Whichever exit approach owners choose, Jeff helps clients prepare their businesses for the next stage and to implement their exit plans when the time is right.
A sample of Jeff's professional accomplishments include:
- Leading the sell-side financial due diligence for three 9-figure sales of privately held companies to private equity. This included authoring the Confidential Information Memorandum (CIM) for the sale of a private company to a large private equity firm.
- Developing the business case and leading the buy-side due diligence for the purchase of three privately held businesses.
- Twice leading the financial integration of acquired companies into the acquiring company's operations. One situation required integrating seven manufacturing facilities on three continents quadrupling company sales.
- Developing the budgeting and planning process for two $100M+ businesses.
- Instituting, as part of a management team, strategic planning and lean manufacturing methods to a struggling family-held manufacturer. This process led to a 57% sales increase over two years turning a $700K loss into a $1.5M profit.
- Developing and executing an innovative pricing approach that led to an immediate 2% increase in gross margin with minimal impact on unit volume.
- Successfully negotiating credit facilities to support a $700K manufacturing plant upgrade and a $1.4M ERP system conversion.
- Leading cost reduction efforts at several companies. Program savings ranged from 13% to 30% of pre-program costs.
- Leading product line and facility rationalizations that saved businesses millions of dollars by eliminating profit losing segments.
Jeff holds a BS in Accounting from the University of Virginia and an MBA with specialties in finance and marketing from Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management. He is a member of Financial Executives International and the Turnaround Management Association. Jeff lives in Fort Wayne, Indiana with Nancy, his wife of 35 years. In his spare time Jeff enjoys travel, golf, reading (history and biography), following sports and beating his two grown sons in fantasy football. He serves as Treasurer of his church and on the Finance Committee of the McMillen Health Education Center.